August 06, 2012

More PBS Cards From The National...

While he was still at the National Sports Collectors Convention, Ben sent me some more cards from my wantlist. These two had been on my list for over a dozen years.


1999 Topps Stadium Club Triumvirate - Luminescent
#T7A -Tom Magliozzi

1999 Topps Stadium Club Triumvirate - Luminescent
#T7B -Ray Magliozzi

Yup. That's right! Click and Clack... The Tappet Brothers from Car Talk on public radio. I don't even change the oil in my own car, but I love this show. It is consistently hilarious.

These cards were hard to come by back in 1999. The basic versions were merely Luminous. These more rare versions were Luminescent. Word around the campfire is that there were ultra-rare versions called Illuminators, but I've never seen one. (Good thing. I heard they were so refractive they would immediately blind you if you stared directly at them.)

As happy as I was that Ben sent me two of my favorite radio stars, there was something that made it even better...

It completed my Triumvirate!

Yeah. Back in '99 I pulled a Mo Vaughn. He had been lonely for so long...

Thanks again, Ben!







No comments: