April 29, 2011

The New Guy...

Thanks for the wonderful introduction, Ben. If you missed it, you can scroll down to the previous post. I guess I should probably tell you a little bit about myself:

Travis "PunkRockPaint" Peterson  -  Fan of the San Diego Padres

Height: 6' 1"     Weight: Fluctuates     Throws: Right     Bats: Right
Home: San Diego, California                         Born: Sept. 6, 1973

As you probably could have guessed, I like baseball cards. My collection is a little bit eclectic. Aside from any and all Padres cards, I have a few players that I specifically collect. As a life long Padres fan I love Tony Gwynn. I also hold a special place in my heart for Bip Roberts. From there, my collection takes a bit of a turn. I collect players with funny names: Dick Pole and Pete LaCock in particular. I also hoard cards of (what's a nice way to say it?) strange looking players: Don Mossi and Rowland Office are two of my favorites.

I am not a great writer. What I can bring to The Baseball Card Blog is my other hobby. I create custom cards. Making new cards based on some of the hobby's favorite designs is one of my greatest passions.  

I am a big fan of the local music scene here in San Diego. Designing show posters, album covers, and t-shirts is how I got my "punk rock" design ethic. My style is anything but punk, but my methods for creating custom cards certainly goes against the establishment. Microsoft Paint is my design platform of choice (hence the "Paint" in PunkRockPaint.) Although much more time consuming and difficult to work with, the program came free with my computer. Hey, it was free. I definitely love getting something for free.

That's really all you need to know for now. I'll try to post as often as possible; showing you some new ideas for old baseball cards.

Here's an idea for a card set that both Ben and I have been thinking about for some time:

TBCB Muppets - #1 Beaker


You can click on the custom cards to see more detail.

Design based on: 1956 Topps #39 - Don Mossi



It is great to be part of such a talented team. I don't typically make the backs for my custom cards, but since I'm new I figured I had better give you a little extra effort. I can't wait to do some more of these cards for you. Any recommendations?

2 comments:

shoeboxlegends said...

Great card!

Batboy said...

Welcome, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.