March 05, 2012

1969 Topps Astro-Nautical All-Stars

1969 Topps Buzz Aldrin All-Star #428

1969 Topps Neil Armstrong All-Star #426

Thumbing through the vintage bin at my local shop last weekend, I found some great old Red Sox (Gary Roggenburk!, Joe Foy!). I also finally got my mitts on these two 1969 All-Stars: Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. You know, I never thought about it, but what's really weird about these cards is that the background photos reference the moon landing from 1969, but these cards were part of the fifth series, which must've been released right after the landing on July 20th. It's like Topps knew it was going to happen! The moon-landing-is-a-hoax conspiracy net grows ever wider!

(Buzz Aldrin, please don't sue me.)

1 comment:

Hackenbush said...

Nice job. I just finished reading Buzz's latest memoir, "Magnificent Desolation". Two of only 12 humans to step foot on another heavenly body.