November 10, 2007

Goudey Trade-away #53: Monds for Figgins


This trade comes in from Chris in Macedonia, Ohio.

Giving: Chone Figgins, #192 (red back)
Getting: Wonderful Terrific Monds, 1995 Upper Deck Minors


I couldn't script a more perfect ending to The Great Goudey Trade-Away. Chris over in Ohio sends me a great card of a guy with a familiar face and a name straight out of central casting. Am I to believe that there is a real person named Wonder Monds, and that he's not actually Fred McGriff on injury rehab in the minors, pulling a hilarious Garth Brooks/Chris Gaines practical joke on the world?

Both Wonder's dad and grandad are named Wonderful Terrific, which leads me to believe that there will be Wonderful Terrifics for generations to come. Hopefully W.T. Monds, VIII will be a politician, so his campaign posters can say 'Vote for the Eighth Wonder of the World.'

I want to thank everyone who participated in the trade-away. Fifty-three trades! Awesome!

No comments: