May 22, 2011

Muppets... Retro Baseball Card League

The more of these Muppets cards that I make, the more I feel it is important to share the history behind the cards. I'm not just making these up as I go along. I have done considerable research. The Muppet Leagues have a well documented history. Unfortunately, most of that history is recorded on VHS tapes, and I no longer have a working VCR.


I have had to go to some amazing places to research these incredible players. Before I started this project, I had no idea that there was such a place as a "Public Library". It turns out there is one only a few blocks from my house. Odd. I was pretty sure that places like that would be reserved for only the wealthiest people. It is crazy, but they actually gave me a card that allows me to take manuscripts home with me. I am not sure how long I can keep this stuff before they send someone after me. In the meantime, I am a proud owner of a rare book that shows the original photographs from many of my Muppets cards.


It is an interesting read with lots of great photographs. I cut a few out to make a new card. (Hopefully they won't mind.)

TBCB Muppets - #23 Jim Henson


I may try using the internet to find pictures for my cards some day. Until then, I'll have to cut photos out of books or keep drawing these cards by hand.

I know I promised that Muppet League team logos would be coming soon, but they are harder to find than I expected. Here are a few I've found so far:

Mystic Valley Skeksis - Muppet League West


Danhurst Scholars - Muppet League East


Waterville Wet Sox - Muppet League East


Bogen County Swine - Muppet League West


Fraggle Rockies - Muppet League West

I'll keep my eyes peeled for more of the team logos. If any of our readers can find any, please email them to me at travis @ punkrockpaint . com. I will post them here with full credit to the "finder". The teams I am looking for are:

Sesame Street Hoopers
Honolulu Snuffies
Grouchland Pickers
Deer Creek Jumpers
Electric City Mayhem
Toadstool Caps
Bunsen Honeydews
Cape Doom Gonzos
London Happiness
Treasure Islanders

I also have no information regarding the TWO new expansion teams. If you could send me any info you might find, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

We Were On A Case Break said...

Im going to need a few Fraggle Rockies.