May 05, 2011

Muppets... The Retro Baseball Card Set

Sorry it has been so long since my introductory post. I went on a little road trip. Luckily, I was able to pick up a few new Muppets cards. I scored a (nearly) complete 1972 Electric Mayhem team set for a song*.

TBCB Muppets - #2 Dr. Teeth


TBCB Muppets - #3 Floyd Pepper


TBCB Muppets - #4 Zoot


TBCB Muppets - #5 Janice


TBCB Muppets - #6 Animal


I am still on the lookout for Animal's Boyhood Photos of the Stars card. Maybe I'll find it some day.

*Okay. I lied. I made these cards myself. You caught me. If you can tell me what original cards are in the background, I'll make a custom card of you! Email your answers to travis@punkrockpaint.com  Please put "custom card" in the subject line.

7 comments:

Matthew Glidden said...

Great work! Love the choice of set and characters.

Josh D. said...

Floyd Pepper looks like Jim Wynn.

Batboy said...

Nice set. Another Muppet band to put on your list could be "The Nightmare" from Emmit Otter's Jugband Christmas. And yes, I can recite the lyrics to every song from that awesome film.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, there needs to be a Lew Zealand card! Nice work

Fleerfan said...

I see this is a "nearly" complete set. Is there a card #7 of Rowlf who would sit in with the band from time to time?

http://hyaroo.livejournal.com/21600.html

PunkRockPaint said...

That is funny you should mention Rowlf as card #7... I already had it done! Nice!

Offy said...

I see that the Lips SP card has eluded you. Since he didn't join the band until the 5ht season, I think he was only in the high number series and is pretty tough to find.