August 27, 2007

A&G 2008: Sir Gary Sobers

Last week I brought up that Topps dropped the ball on not including David Beckham in its Allen & Ginter Worlds Champions subset. Since then, card bloggers at Cardboard Junkie and Stale Gum have been going nuts with their own lists of individuals (and more than a few things) that they would like to see in A&G 2008.

Tonight I officially join the fray. May I present to you Sir Gary Sobers (he of the six sixes), cricketer extraordinaire.

In other news, you may have noticed that on the Boggs 'Card That Never Were' scan in an earlier post, he's listed as pitcher. It's also a mid-career photo. It turns out that this is not the officially released version of the card. It looks like it's an eTopps variation, albeit in scan form (if such a thing exists).

Also, I know a lot of you would like to know the full checklist of the Cards That Never Were set. I'll post what I know of it tomorrow.

No comments: